Monday, January 10, 2011

Ai Ai and My Little Secret


I watched this episode of "The Bottomline with Boy Abunda" with Ai Ai delas Alas as guest, last August. I remember laughing so hard on this particular segment on her views about love/relationships. Here's the exceprt:
Boy: What would you rather have -- love or money?
Ai Ai: I think money. Because with money, you can buy love. (laughter)

Ai Ai: Pambakla. You can buy motorcylce and cars. And loads and cellphones! (e, ito rin ang mga ekasktong hinihingi ng mga macho dancers ah)
Boy: Ito'y tanong talaga. Sa tanang ng buhay mo, bumili ka na ba ng pag-ibig?
Ai Ai: Madalas! ... Baklang bakla yung sagot ko! (OMG! Tinamaan ata ako doon ah.)
Yes, she's "soooo bak-la!", as what my friend Ringo would usually say.

And the timing of this episode couldn't have been more perfect -- she nailed what I, the bakla, was going through at that time. It was as if I was feeding Ai Ai with the answers. Kaya pala naging "baklang bakla" yung sagot niya.

Giggle, giggle. I guess Ai ai and I share a little secret.

Watch the full interview 
(For the exact segment above, wait for the 4th video, at around 5:00. I couldn't find this segment on youtube) 





GB Goer
Learn more: Lessons from Gay Bars in Manila
http://machosandhostos.blogspot.com/
email: char.affairs@gmail.com; Follow at twitter: @gbgoer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what you think